Though in public the Obama Administration is emphasizing efforts to try to end the Israeli invasion of the Gaza Strip, privately they have not only backed the invasion, but are providing Israel with the grenades and mortar shells falling on the strip.
It’s not been widely publicized, but the US military keeps munitions depot operating in Israel year-round, just so that when Israel gets into new wars they can step up with more ammo for their attacks.
Reports say that Israel never made an “emergency request,” but that the US tapped to stockpile anyhow for convenience’s sake in keeping Israel stocked with ammunition, and has been letting Israel access the munitions from the stockpile for at least 10 days now.
The Pentagon is shrugging it off as routine, but with the US trying to publicly be the face of negotiations, their bankrolling of Israeli aggression clearly looks bad, particularly as they try to criticize some of the more egregious attacks on civilians in Gaza, while those attacks are being carried out with US munitions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018
- Russia Will Provide S-300 Air Defense to Syria - September 24th, 2018