Still struggling to get their stories straight on the last two times they did it, Israeli tanks attacked yet another UN-run girls’ school in the Gaza Strip, killing dozens of civilians, 20 by most accounts.
The UN school, in the Jabalia refugee camp, was one of 85 sites the UN is operating as civilian refugee centers, with hundreds of thousands of Palestinian civilians packed into tiny spaces that they were hoping, in vain, would not be targeted by the Israeli military.
Earlier today, the UN reported finding rockets stored in one of their other schools, but in a closed school not being used as a refugee center. The Israeli government has cited this in the past as a pretext for their attacks on the other sites. No rockets have been found in any of the open schools.
The attacks on UN schools and civilian targets in general have been fueling international outrage at the Gaza onslaught, which is overwhelmingly killing innocent civilians, and large numbers of them children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkish Airstrikes Kill 35 Kurdish PKK in Northern Iraq - June 17th, 2018
- Afghan President Offers Extension as Ramadan Ceasefire Expires - June 17th, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Strike Airport in Yemen's Hodeidah - June 17th, 2018
- ISIS Suicide Bombers Kill 54 in Two Days in Eastern Afghanistan - June 17th, 2018
- US Denies Attacking Syrian Military Site Near Iraqi Border - June 17th, 2018