Still struggling to get their stories straight on the last two times they did it, Israeli tanks attacked yet another UN-run girls’ school in the Gaza Strip, killing dozens of civilians, 20 by most accounts.
The UN school, in the Jabalia refugee camp, was one of 85 sites the UN is operating as civilian refugee centers, with hundreds of thousands of Palestinian civilians packed into tiny spaces that they were hoping, in vain, would not be targeted by the Israeli military.
Earlier today, the UN reported finding rockets stored in one of their other schools, but in a closed school not being used as a refugee center. The Israeli government has cited this in the past as a pretext for their attacks on the other sites. No rockets have been found in any of the open schools.
The attacks on UN schools and civilian targets in general have been fueling international outrage at the Gaza onslaught, which is overwhelmingly killing innocent civilians, and large numbers of them children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu: The Bible Proves Jerusalem Is Israel's Capital - December 11th, 2017
- ISIS Is Gone, But Iraq's Main Refinery Remains in Ruins - December 11th, 2017
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds, Iraqi Army Coordinate at Border - December 11th, 2017
- Iran FM Urges Europe to Preserve Nuclear Deal - December 11th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Urges Fighters to Disarm - December 11th, 2017