Israel’s narrative on yesterday’s attack on a UN school full of refugees in the Gaza town of Beit Hanoun has revised again today, with Israel now claiming they informed the UN of the plan to attack the school hours in advance, and told them to remove the refugees before then.
The UN is disputing that, saying that no warning at all was given, and further complaining that when experts visited the site today to inspect the damage, they too were attacked.
The claim of a warning is puzzling, because for hours the Israeli military denied having attacked the school at all, speculating that Hamas had somehow one it themselves. The story just kept changing.
The UN Relief and Works Agency, which operates the schools and hospitals in Gaza, say they have given precise coordinates of all their facilities to the Israeli military to prevent “accidental” strikes. Instead, it seems, Israel is just attacking them intentionally.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Seeks to Cut Kurdistan Off From World Ahead of Referendum - September 24th, 2017
- Kurdish President Barzani Says Partnership With Iraq Is Over - September 24th, 2017
- Yemen's Hadi Sees Only a Military Solution to Ongoing War - September 24th, 2017
- Trump's First Airstrikes on Libya Kill 17 - September 24th, 2017
- Spanish National Police Aim to Seize Control of Catalonia - September 23rd, 2017