The ongoing east Ukrainian war shows no sign of slowing down, and locals in rebel-held cities like Donetsk are complaining that increasingly, the military is targeting the civilian population of those cities instead of the rebel fighters.
Ukraine’s military denies any attacks in civilian areas, but the evidence is overwhelming, as indeed the only major attacks that occur most days are against rebel-held towns and cities, and the casualties are overwhelmingly civilian in nature.
The attacks have sparked an exodus of refugees into neighboring Russia, though many of the remaining civilians insist they have no intention of leaving their homes, instead hoping for a quick settlement.
The US State Department has repeatedly insisted they aren’t concerned with reports of civilian casualties in the Ukrainian military offensive, and rather they continue to accuse the rebels of striking Ukrainian military targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018