The ongoing east Ukrainian war shows no sign of slowing down, and locals in rebel-held cities like Donetsk are complaining that increasingly, the military is targeting the civilian population of those cities instead of the rebel fighters.
Ukraine’s military denies any attacks in civilian areas, but the evidence is overwhelming, as indeed the only major attacks that occur most days are against rebel-held towns and cities, and the casualties are overwhelmingly civilian in nature.
The attacks have sparked an exodus of refugees into neighboring Russia, though many of the remaining civilians insist they have no intention of leaving their homes, instead hoping for a quick settlement.
The US State Department has repeatedly insisted they aren’t concerned with reports of civilian casualties in the Ukrainian military offensive, and rather they continue to accuse the rebels of striking Ukrainian military targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- General Seeks Permission to Declassify Sites of 'Dud' US Strikes in Mosul - August 17th, 2017
- Tillerson: US to Honor Japan Defense Pact, Including Contested Island Claims - August 17th, 2017
- South Korea's President Moon Rules Out War on Korean Peninsula - August 17th, 2017
- Assange Meets Rep. Rohrabacher, Vows to Prove Leaks Didn't Come From Russia - August 17th, 2017
- UN Report: Saudis Killed 502 Children in Yemen in Past Year - August 17th, 2017