The ongoing east Ukrainian war shows no sign of slowing down, and locals in rebel-held cities like Donetsk are complaining that increasingly, the military is targeting the civilian population of those cities instead of the rebel fighters.
Ukraine’s military denies any attacks in civilian areas, but the evidence is overwhelming, as indeed the only major attacks that occur most days are against rebel-held towns and cities, and the casualties are overwhelmingly civilian in nature.
The attacks have sparked an exodus of refugees into neighboring Russia, though many of the remaining civilians insist they have no intention of leaving their homes, instead hoping for a quick settlement.
The US State Department has repeatedly insisted they aren’t concerned with reports of civilian casualties in the Ukrainian military offensive, and rather they continue to accuse the rebels of striking Ukrainian military targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey Threatens to Attack Syrian Town Held by US Troops - March 20th, 2018
- Senate Votes to Kill Bill Challenging Legality of Yemen War - March 20th, 2018
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018