The ongoing east Ukrainian war shows no sign of slowing down, and locals in rebel-held cities like Donetsk are complaining that increasingly, the military is targeting the civilian population of those cities instead of the rebel fighters.
Ukraine’s military denies any attacks in civilian areas, but the evidence is overwhelming, as indeed the only major attacks that occur most days are against rebel-held towns and cities, and the casualties are overwhelmingly civilian in nature.
The attacks have sparked an exodus of refugees into neighboring Russia, though many of the remaining civilians insist they have no intention of leaving their homes, instead hoping for a quick settlement.
The US State Department has repeatedly insisted they aren’t concerned with reports of civilian casualties in the Ukrainian military offensive, and rather they continue to accuse the rebels of striking Ukrainian military targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Attacks ISIS Prison, Killing Dozens of Civilians - June 27th, 2017
- Pentagon, State Dept 'Clueless' on Trump's Assad Allegation - June 27th, 2017
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017