Claims Even More Secret Evidence Proves Putin's Involvement
Determined not to let the US intelligence community’s open admission that they have “no evidence of direct Russian involvement” in the shoot-down of Malaysia Airlines MH17, the State Department has once again insisted Russian President Vladimir Putin is “directly” to blame for it.
Puzzlingly, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf cited the exact same intelligence community briefing as proving Putin’s guilt, even though the officials delivering that briefing said the exact opposite of it. Harf also claimed to be privy to even more secret evidence that had not gone public yet, which also pinned the whole thing on Putin.
Interestingly enough Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R – GA), the ranking Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee and privy to all the same evidence the State Department saw, said that while there was some “circumstantial” evidence pointing to Russia, he saw no smoking gun.
Not that thinks like evidence and proof really matter to the administration, which made up its mind before the smoldering wreckage of MH17 was even cold, determined to use this as another truncheon with which to bludgeon Russia, and worsen US-Russia ties. The Pentagon is now said to be planning, in the next few weeks, to send “military advisers” to Ukraine, meaning the US will be getting itself directly involved in the war against ethnic Russians along the Ukraine-Russia border.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Envoy: Yemen Factions Don't Want to Talk as Violence Escalates - March 14th, 2017
- US Missile Drones Deployed to North Korea Border - March 14th, 2017
- Anne Patterson Withdrawn From Defense Undersecretary Nomination - March 14th, 2017
- UN Blames Syria Bombing for Damascus Water Outages - March 14th, 2017
- Syrian Peace Talks Appear Dead as Rebels Boycott - March 14th, 2017