Russia’s Foreign Ministry has issued a statement today reacting angrily to the latest round of US sanctions against them, saying they believe the move is simply spite because the situation in the Ukraine hasn’t unfolded as the Obama Administration had hoped.
The statement insisted it was “groundless” to blame Russia for the Ukrainian conflict, particularly with Russia pushing hard for an end to the ongoing civil war.
The US has been pretty straightforward about that being exactly what they are doing, and on a daily basis the State Department refers to the Ukrainian war as a “Russian invasion.” The most recent sanctions are aiming to target Russian arms exporters, particularly.
Russian officials are warning about retaliatory sanctions, and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev also warned that Russia could respond to the “hostile” action with increased military spending.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalonia Threatens Civil Disobedience as Spain Prepares Takeover - October 23rd, 2017
- Senators 'Stunned' to Learn US Has 1,000 Troops in Niger - October 23rd, 2017
- US to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert - October 23rd, 2017
- Niger Mayor: Villagers Suspected of Helping in Ambush of US Troops - October 23rd, 2017
- Iraqi Troops Build Up Near Key Kurdish Oil Export Pipeline - October 23rd, 2017