After reports of three rockets fired from southern Lebanon, Israeli troops shelled the general vicinity from which the rockets came. No one was injured on either side.
It is unclear how many of the rockets actually reached Israel, though one was confirmed to hit a field in Israel’s far north, and Lebanese troops recovered at least two malfunctioning rockets inside Lebanese territory.
It is as yet unclear who the group that fired the rockets was, though it is believed to be related to the ongoing Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip. Lebanon reported their military captured a man suspected of being involved in the rocket fire.
Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said Israel anticipated that Lebanese fighters might try to join the Gaza conflict, though he too said he was unsure what group was responsible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Red Cross to Send 'Test Shipment' of Rice to Northern Yemen - August 16th, 2017
- Report: Saudis Increasing Yemen Airstrikes, Killing More Civilians - August 16th, 2017
- US: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Fail to Respect Religious Freedom - August 16th, 2017
- In US-Backed Kurdish Invasion of Raqqa, Arab Allies Struggle to Find a Role - August 16th, 2017
- Syria Shifts War Focus to ISIS-Held Eastern Territory - August 16th, 2017