After reports of three rockets fired from southern Lebanon, Israeli troops shelled the general vicinity from which the rockets came. No one was injured on either side.
It is unclear how many of the rockets actually reached Israel, though one was confirmed to hit a field in Israel’s far north, and Lebanese troops recovered at least two malfunctioning rockets inside Lebanese territory.
It is as yet unclear who the group that fired the rockets was, though it is believed to be related to the ongoing Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip. Lebanon reported their military captured a man suspected of being involved in the rocket fire.
Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said Israel anticipated that Lebanese fighters might try to join the Gaza conflict, though he too said he was unsure what group was responsible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Voting Postponed in Afghanistan's Kandahar Province After Officials Killed - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi State TV Confirms Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Was Killed - October 19th, 2018
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018