After reports of three rockets fired from southern Lebanon, Israeli troops shelled the general vicinity from which the rockets came. No one was injured on either side.
It is unclear how many of the rockets actually reached Israel, though one was confirmed to hit a field in Israel’s far north, and Lebanese troops recovered at least two malfunctioning rockets inside Lebanese territory.
It is as yet unclear who the group that fired the rockets was, though it is believed to be related to the ongoing Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip. Lebanon reported their military captured a man suspected of being involved in the rocket fire.
Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said Israel anticipated that Lebanese fighters might try to join the Gaza conflict, though he too said he was unsure what group was responsible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017
- McMaster: Qatar and Turkey Sponsoring 'Extremist Ideology' - December 12th, 2017
- Tillerson: Ready for North Korea Talks Without Preconditions - December 12th, 2017
- Netanyahu: The Bible Proves Jerusalem Is Israel's Capital - December 11th, 2017
- ISIS Is Gone, But Iraq's Main Refinery Remains in Ruins - December 11th, 2017