After reports of three rockets fired from southern Lebanon, Israeli troops shelled the general vicinity from which the rockets came. No one was injured on either side.
It is unclear how many of the rockets actually reached Israel, though one was confirmed to hit a field in Israel’s far north, and Lebanese troops recovered at least two malfunctioning rockets inside Lebanese territory.
It is as yet unclear who the group that fired the rockets was, though it is believed to be related to the ongoing Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip. Lebanon reported their military captured a man suspected of being involved in the rocket fire.
Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said Israel anticipated that Lebanese fighters might try to join the Gaza conflict, though he too said he was unsure what group was responsible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel Announces Plans for Massive Military Spending Hikes - August 16th, 2018
- Iraq Carries Out Airstrike Against ISIS 'Operations Room' in Syria - August 16th, 2018
- Senators to Resist Trump Plans to Cut Foreign Aid - August 16th, 2018
- As Costs Rise, Pentagon Announces Military Parade Postponed - August 16th, 2018
- US Threatens Further Turkey Sanctions if Pastor Not Freed Soon - August 16th, 2018