We’ve been hearing for awhile how far apart the US and Iran are in ongoing nuclear negotiations. The latest comments from Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s Supreme Leader, have provided the first indications of how far apart.
That’s far from what Iran was thinking, as the nation is aiming to have self-sufficiency in fuel for its Bushehr Power Plant, and according to Khamenei was envisioning 190,000 centrifuges as a final goal.
It’s been reported for quite some time that the two sides were headed in different directions on the number of centrifuges, but to have a 19-fold difference in the number still, less than two weeks from the deadline, suggests no deal is likely.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker Predicts Trump Will Withdraw From Iran Deal in May - March 18th, 2018
- May Says Britain Considers More Steps Against Russia in Coming Days - March 18th, 2018