Attack Destroyed Tanks, Artillery Inside Syria
A flurry of Israeli airstrikes yesterday, launched by both warplanes and guided missile, destroyed two tanks, two artillery batteries and the headquarters of the Syrian 90th brigade, and killed at least 10 soldiers, according to activists.
Israel launched the attacks after an anti-tank missile was fired across the border, killing a civilian. Syria has denied launching the missile, and several rebel factions active along the border have been bragging about their recent acquisition of US-made anti-tank missiles.
Syria’s Foreign Ministry said the attacks were a “flagrant violation” of the nation’s territorial sovereignty, and that they were part of Israel’s ongoing policy of aiding rebel factions.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu bragged about the strikes, vowing “even tougher force” in the future if any more fire strays across the border.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US to Send Up to 300 Paratroopers Into Mosul for Latest Escalation - March 27th, 2017
- Pentagon Reviewing Mosul Bombings That Killed Hundreds of Civilians - March 27th, 2017
- ISIS Threatens Iran for Tolerating Jews - March 27th, 2017
- Israeli Coalition Still Split on Broadcaster, Risking Early Elections - March 27th, 2017
- Senate Votes to End Debate on Montenegro Joining NATO - March 27th, 2017