The CIA agent and US Special Forces commando involved in a recent shooting of a pair of Yemenis in the capital city of Sanaa were “getting a haircut,” according to Yemeni security officials.
What happened next is still not entirely clear, but a pair of Yemenis stormed into the barbershop, identifying themselves as police, and were immediately killed by the Americans.
Yemeni officials say that the two were likely members of an “al-Qaeda cell,” and the shooters, who were initially identified only as “US embassy officials,” quickly left the country.
Locals say that police later arrived and captured the barbershop owner, holding him for some time before finally releasing him uncharged. The relatives of the slain denied al-Qaeda involvement, and were likewise arrested in what officials are saying was an “attempted kidnapping.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Warn Malistan District on the Verge of Collapse - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Overrun West Afghanistan District, Killing 37 Police and Civilians - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Slaughter Elite Afghan Troops, as 'Safe' District Is Falling - November 12th, 2018
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018