The CIA agent and US Special Forces commando involved in a recent shooting of a pair of Yemenis in the capital city of Sanaa were “getting a haircut,” according to Yemeni security officials.
What happened next is still not entirely clear, but a pair of Yemenis stormed into the barbershop, identifying themselves as police, and were immediately killed by the Americans.
Yemeni officials say that the two were likely members of an “al-Qaeda cell,” and the shooters, who were initially identified only as “US embassy officials,” quickly left the country.
Locals say that police later arrived and captured the barbershop owner, holding him for some time before finally releasing him uncharged. The relatives of the slain denied al-Qaeda involvement, and were likewise arrested in what officials are saying was an “attempted kidnapping.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017