The CIA agent and US Special Forces commando involved in a recent shooting of a pair of Yemenis in the capital city of Sanaa were “getting a haircut,” according to Yemeni security officials.
What happened next is still not entirely clear, but a pair of Yemenis stormed into the barbershop, identifying themselves as police, and were immediately killed by the Americans.
Yemeni officials say that the two were likely members of an “al-Qaeda cell,” and the shooters, who were initially identified only as “US embassy officials,” quickly left the country.
Locals say that police later arrived and captured the barbershop owner, holding him for some time before finally releasing him uncharged. The relatives of the slain denied al-Qaeda involvement, and were likewise arrested in what officials are saying was an “attempted kidnapping.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017