Ukraine’s interim Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, currently leading the military invasion of cities across eastern Ukraine, has demanded that the local population stop their “foolish behavior” and start endorsing the offensive.
“The situation has become black and white,” Avakov declared after announcing 20 “terrorists” were killed in today’s attack on Mariupol, ominously adding of opponents that “there can be only one answer from the Ukrainian state – annihilation.”
Avakov was elected to parliament for the first time in 2012, as a member of the Fatherland Party’s list, notably while under house arrest in Italy awaiting criminal charges related to illegal land transfers.
Avakov had previously served in several positions in Kharkiv’s provincial government, and oversaw the military’s conquest of the city last month, declaring himself the “Supreme Secretary of Kharkiv.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017