Ukraine’s interim Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, currently leading the military invasion of cities across eastern Ukraine, has demanded that the local population stop their “foolish behavior” and start endorsing the offensive.
“The situation has become black and white,” Avakov declared after announcing 20 “terrorists” were killed in today’s attack on Mariupol, ominously adding of opponents that “there can be only one answer from the Ukrainian state – annihilation.”
Avakov was elected to parliament for the first time in 2012, as a member of the Fatherland Party’s list, notably while under house arrest in Italy awaiting criminal charges related to illegal land transfers.
Avakov had previously served in several positions in Kharkiv’s provincial government, and oversaw the military’s conquest of the city last month, declaring himself the “Supreme Secretary of Kharkiv.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 170 Casualties in Afghan Election Attacks - October 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018