Ukraine’s interim Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, currently leading the military invasion of cities across eastern Ukraine, has demanded that the local population stop their “foolish behavior” and start endorsing the offensive.
“The situation has become black and white,” Avakov declared after announcing 20 “terrorists” were killed in today’s attack on Mariupol, ominously adding of opponents that “there can be only one answer from the Ukrainian state – annihilation.”
Avakov was elected to parliament for the first time in 2012, as a member of the Fatherland Party’s list, notably while under house arrest in Italy awaiting criminal charges related to illegal land transfers.
Avakov had previously served in several positions in Kharkiv’s provincial government, and oversaw the military’s conquest of the city last month, declaring himself the “Supreme Secretary of Kharkiv.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018