A bloody Friday for Ukraine gave way to more fighting over the weekend, as the military continued its invasion of cities in the Donetsk Oblast, focusing mostly on the area around Kramatorsk, Slovyansk, and Kostyanynivka.
While the invasion focused on Slovyansk on Friday, the weekend saw mostly attacks in Kramatorsk, where local militias clashed with the invading armored personnel carriers, leaving 10 dead, including at least two soldiers.
After Friday’s attack on Slovyansk saw the military losing two helicopters to shoot-downs, the military is now focused on cutting that city off from the rest of the region, with the military effectively blocking the main road into town.
Much of the military’s focus in the early hours of the fighting was destroying protester checkpoints, and while they reportedly destroyed quite a few the protesters have been rebuilding most of them in fairly short order.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Hit Somalia, Killing 37 'Fighters' - November 20th, 2018
- US, Iraq Pound ISIS Targets in Eastern Syria - November 20th, 2018
- Fighting Rages in Yemen's Hodeidah After Pro-Saudi Forces Scrapped Ceasefire - November 20th, 2018
- North Korea Destroys Guard Posts Along Demilitarized Zone - November 20th, 2018
- US Sanctions Iranian, Russian Companies for Shipping Oil to Syria - November 20th, 2018