Underscoring the increasingly inaccurate nature of the Syrian Civil War, a military air strike, involving a barrel bomb, careened off course in a rebel held district of the northern city of Aleppo, hitting an elementary school.
The bomb tore through the school, ripping the side off of it and killing 25 people within, including several children. Multiple strikes hit the Ansari District of Aleppo, though this was the only one reported to have caused deaths.
It’s the second school in Syria hit in the last 24 hours, as a rebel attack on Damascus included a series of mortars fired against a Christian-dominated neighborhood, and hit a school there, killing 14 and wounding 86. Again, most of the victims were children.
No side in the war seems particularly accurate with their strikes, and similarly none seem all that concerned about the massive civilian toll being racked up by their strikes, with many considering the civilians in a rival’s territory to be “the enemy” as much as the combatants are.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Khashoggi's Remains Disposed of in Saudi Consul General's Garden - October 23rd, 2018
- Two Koreas, UN Command Agree to Withdraw All Arms From Truce Village - October 22nd, 2018
- NATO Sends 50,000 Troops to Largest Exercise Since Cold War - October 22nd, 2018
- Bolton Visits Moscow, Denies Plans to Blackmail Russia Over Nuclear Treaty - October 22nd, 2018
- CIA Has Heard Audio Recording of Khashoggi's Death - October 22nd, 2018