When even Israel’s own military isn’t trying to spin something they did as a great accomplishment, you know they’ve really screwed up. That was the case today, in an air strike where the IDF declared a “hit was not identified.”
Which is putting it mildly. Israel attempted an air strike against a motorcyclist who they believed was a “militant,” but missed him entirely, and hit a bunch of children instead, wounding 12.
The attack occurred in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, and the Israeli military insisted they believed the target was “planning to launch a rocket attack” at the time.
Other than saying they didn’t hit their intended target, the Israeli government provided no additional information, nor did they offer any sort of apology for hitting the children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017