When even Israel’s own military isn’t trying to spin something they did as a great accomplishment, you know they’ve really screwed up. That was the case today, in an air strike where the IDF declared a “hit was not identified.”
Which is putting it mildly. Israel attempted an air strike against a motorcyclist who they believed was a “militant,” but missed him entirely, and hit a bunch of children instead, wounding 12.
The attack occurred in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, and the Israeli military insisted they believed the target was “planning to launch a rocket attack” at the time.
Other than saying they didn’t hit their intended target, the Israeli government provided no additional information, nor did they offer any sort of apology for hitting the children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Turns Off Loudspeakers Aimed at North Korea - April 23rd, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Attack Wedding Party in NW Yemen, Killing Dozens - April 23rd, 2018
- Senate Panel OKs Pompeo After Rand Paul Flip - April 23rd, 2018
- Iraq Says 36 ISIS Killed in Thursday's Syria Strike - April 22nd, 2018
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018