When even Israel’s own military isn’t trying to spin something they did as a great accomplishment, you know they’ve really screwed up. That was the case today, in an air strike where the IDF declared a “hit was not identified.”
Which is putting it mildly. Israel attempted an air strike against a motorcyclist who they believed was a “militant,” but missed him entirely, and hit a bunch of children instead, wounding 12.
The attack occurred in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, and the Israeli military insisted they believed the target was “planning to launch a rocket attack” at the time.
Other than saying they didn’t hit their intended target, the Israeli government provided no additional information, nor did they offer any sort of apology for hitting the children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017