When even Israel’s own military isn’t trying to spin something they did as a great accomplishment, you know they’ve really screwed up. That was the case today, in an air strike where the IDF declared a “hit was not identified.”
Which is putting it mildly. Israel attempted an air strike against a motorcyclist who they believed was a “militant,” but missed him entirely, and hit a bunch of children instead, wounding 12.
The attack occurred in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, and the Israeli military insisted they believed the target was “planning to launch a rocket attack” at the time.
Other than saying they didn’t hit their intended target, the Israeli government provided no additional information, nor did they offer any sort of apology for hitting the children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017