When even Israel’s own military isn’t trying to spin something they did as a great accomplishment, you know they’ve really screwed up. That was the case today, in an air strike where the IDF declared a “hit was not identified.”
Which is putting it mildly. Israel attempted an air strike against a motorcyclist who they believed was a “militant,” but missed him entirely, and hit a bunch of children instead, wounding 12.
The attack occurred in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip, and the Israeli military insisted they believed the target was “planning to launch a rocket attack” at the time.
Other than saying they didn’t hit their intended target, the Israeli government provided no additional information, nor did they offer any sort of apology for hitting the children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran FM Says US 'Action Group' Will Fail to Overthrow Iran - August 19th, 2018
- North Korea Praises Trump, Bashes His Critics - August 19th, 2018
- As Afghan President Announces Ceasefire, Pompeo Says 'Time for Peace' - August 19th, 2018
- Iraq Supreme Court Ratifies Election Results, Sadr Still Leads - August 19th, 2018
- Pentagon Spokesman: US to Stay in Iraq as Long as Needed - August 19th, 2018