Ukraine’s interim government is up in arms again today after reports that the body of a kidnapped politician from the new interim ruling party was found on the outskirts of the eastern protester city of Slovyansk.
The politician, identified by officials as Volodymyr Rybak (apparently no relation to top Party of Regions MP of the same name), went missing last week and was reportedly captured by protesters in the nearby town of Horlivka. Interim President Turchinov reported the body was “brutally tortured.”
Turchinov reported two bodies were recovered, though Ukrainian police only mentioned the one, believed to be Rybak, and there was no indication who the other person was, or where they were found.
Details were scant in the official police statement, and they wouldn’t even officially identify the person beyond saying they looked like Rybak, and said the process of formal identification would take some time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kill at Least 27 Security Forces in Attacks Across Afghanistan - September 17th, 2018
- Iraq to Deploy More Troops to Turkey Border - September 17th, 2018
- North and South Korea Push to End Korean War, but U.S. Opposes - September 17th, 2018
- US Air Force Pushes for Massive Increase in Spending - September 17th, 2018
- Missiles Pound Major Syrian Coastal City of Latakia - September 17th, 2018