Ukraine’s interim government is up in arms again today after reports that the body of a kidnapped politician from the new interim ruling party was found on the outskirts of the eastern protester city of Slovyansk.
The politician, identified by officials as Volodymyr Rybak (apparently no relation to top Party of Regions MP of the same name), went missing last week and was reportedly captured by protesters in the nearby town of Horlivka. Interim President Turchinov reported the body was “brutally tortured.”
Turchinov reported two bodies were recovered, though Ukrainian police only mentioned the one, believed to be Rybak, and there was no indication who the other person was, or where they were found.
Details were scant in the official police statement, and they wouldn’t even officially identify the person beyond saying they looked like Rybak, and said the process of formal identification would take some time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017
- US Pushes Diplomatic Isolation for North Korea, Despite Being 'Open to Talks' - December 10th, 2017
- State Dept Spends $1 Million Funding Venezuela Opposition - December 10th, 2017