US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power continued to blame Russia for the escalation of the situation in Eastern Ukraine, saying the demonstrations showed the “tell-tale signs of Moscow’s involvement.”
Power argued that the protesters were too “professional” and too well-coordinated to have ever been organized by the east Ukrainians themselves, saying it must’ve been done by the Russian government.
The US should know, too, as they and other Western nations were repeatedly implicated in organizing the Kiev protests that earlier this year ousted the elected government, and replaced them with the new, pro-US “interim” government that the ethnic Russians in the east are trying to secede from.
Russian officials denied any involvement in the protests, but warned the “western sponsors” of the new government to do something to stop the crackdown, saying they “must keep their wards under control.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017
- Iraq Orders Arrest of Kurdish VP for 'Insulting' Military - October 19th, 2017
- Iraqi Oil Ministry Warns World Against Making Oil Deals With Kurds - October 19th, 2017