US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power continued to blame Russia for the escalation of the situation in Eastern Ukraine, saying the demonstrations showed the “tell-tale signs of Moscow’s involvement.”
Power argued that the protesters were too “professional” and too well-coordinated to have ever been organized by the east Ukrainians themselves, saying it must’ve been done by the Russian government.
The US should know, too, as they and other Western nations were repeatedly implicated in organizing the Kiev protests that earlier this year ousted the elected government, and replaced them with the new, pro-US “interim” government that the ethnic Russians in the east are trying to secede from.
Russian officials denied any involvement in the protests, but warned the “western sponsors” of the new government to do something to stop the crackdown, saying they “must keep their wards under control.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Red Cross to Send 'Test Shipment' of Rice to Northern Yemen - August 16th, 2017
- Report: Saudis Increasing Yemen Airstrikes, Killing More Civilians - August 16th, 2017
- US: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Fail to Respect Religious Freedom - August 16th, 2017
- In US-Backed Kurdish Invasion of Raqqa, Arab Allies Struggle to Find a Role - August 16th, 2017
- Syria Shifts War Focus to ISIS-Held Eastern Territory - August 16th, 2017