Portions of the conclusions of the high-profile Senate inquiry into CIA torture have leaked to the public today, revealing the CIA’s torture and detention program was “brutal, and far worse than the agency communicated to policymakers.”
The 20 findings leaked concluded torture failed to produce any valuable information, and that the CIA deliberately leaked inaccurate reports on the program to give the impression it was working.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D – CA), who supposedly is leading the charge for releasing the report, condemned the leak of a fraction of it, demanding the prosecution of whoever was responsible for the information getting into the media.
The CIA has been fighting for years to keep the reports secret, arguing that they are unfairly harsh to the torturers and should never see the light of day.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018
- Turkish Army Accused of Hitting Syria's Afrin With Gas Attack - February 16th, 2018
- US, Turkey Agree to Avoid Clash Over Manbij - February 16th, 2018