Portions of the conclusions of the high-profile Senate inquiry into CIA torture have leaked to the public today, revealing the CIA’s torture and detention program was “brutal, and far worse than the agency communicated to policymakers.”
The 20 findings leaked concluded torture failed to produce any valuable information, and that the CIA deliberately leaked inaccurate reports on the program to give the impression it was working.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D – CA), who supposedly is leading the charge for releasing the report, condemned the leak of a fraction of it, demanding the prosecution of whoever was responsible for the information getting into the media.
The CIA has been fighting for years to keep the reports secret, arguing that they are unfairly harsh to the torturers and should never see the light of day.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- To Get Hurricane Aid, Dickinson, TX Residents Must Swear They Won't Boycott Israel - October 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Hit Afghan Shi'ite Mosques, Killing 72 - October 20th, 2017
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017