Still looking to escalate the sanctions war with Russia, the Obama Administration continues to play up the possibility of a huge Russian invasion, saying it was “possible” that Russia could invade all of Ukraine at any moment.
The hype around a Russian invasion seems to be driven primarily by Ukraine’s new “interim” government, which has been playing up the idea of a Russian invasion of Ukraine, and indeed much of Europe, while pushing for US and Western military aid.
Ukrainian officials say that the situation is becoming “more explosive” by the minute, as they continue to press for the US to start sending them arms and other aid.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017