Four Israeli soldiers were wounded, one gravely so, today in the Shebaa Farms area along the Israel-Syria-Lebanon border when their patrol jeep ran over a roadside bomb.
The attack was carried out by gunmen from an unknown faction, who managed to get “hundreds of meters” into Israeli-occupied territory. They planted two IEDs and fired on the jeep after the explosion.
Israel responded by firing artillery shells against a Syrian Army base in the south, though why they hit the Syrian military is totally unclear and it is ridiculous to imagine Syria’s military took time out of their civil war to plant a couple bombs in the Shebaa Farms.
Israeli officials say they suspect Hezbollah, who promised retaliation after recent Israeli attacks on Lebanon. They said the same thing after a bomb attack on the Lebanon border last week as well, however, and it turned out to be al-Qaeda in Iraq’s doing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017