Four Israeli soldiers were wounded, one gravely so, today in the Shebaa Farms area along the Israel-Syria-Lebanon border when their patrol jeep ran over a roadside bomb.
The attack was carried out by gunmen from an unknown faction, who managed to get “hundreds of meters” into Israeli-occupied territory. They planted two IEDs and fired on the jeep after the explosion.
Israel responded by firing artillery shells against a Syrian Army base in the south, though why they hit the Syrian military is totally unclear and it is ridiculous to imagine Syria’s military took time out of their civil war to plant a couple bombs in the Shebaa Farms.
Israeli officials say they suspect Hezbollah, who promised retaliation after recent Israeli attacks on Lebanon. They said the same thing after a bomb attack on the Lebanon border last week as well, however, and it turned out to be al-Qaeda in Iraq’s doing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- General Seeks Permission to Declassify Sites of 'Dud' US Strikes in Mosul - August 17th, 2017
- Tillerson: US to Honor Japan Defense Pact, Including Contested Island Claims - August 17th, 2017
- South Korea's President Moon Rules Out War on Korean Peninsula - August 17th, 2017
- Assange Meets Rep. Rohrabacher, Vows to Prove Leaks Didn't Come From Russia - August 17th, 2017
- UN Report: Saudis Killed 502 Children in Yemen in Past Year - August 17th, 2017