A US drone has launched another attack against Yemen today, killing three people in the Jawf Province in the nation’s northeast. The slain were unidentified, but all labeled “al-Qaeda suspects.”
It’s the second strike in the past few days, with another attack against Wadi Abida overnight Monday killing four people in two vehicles, who were likewise labeled terrorists.
The US also launched four drone strikes last week, killing a number of people and sparking a retaliatory execution by al-Qaeda of a man accused of being a “targeter” for the drones.
The dramatic increase in drone strikes in Yemen comes amid a new UN report on drone attacks, which warned of hundreds of civilian casualties in the US attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas, Haley Trade Barbs Over Peace Process at UN Security Council - February 20th, 2018
- 29 Killed in Afghanistan Attacks - February 20th, 2018
- Russia Confirms Several Dozen Citizens Killed in US Strike - February 20th, 2018
- Syrian Pro-Govt Forces Enter Afrin, Are Attacked by Turkish Military - February 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Wants Extra Time to Spend Massive Cash Influx - February 20th, 2018