A US drone has launched another attack against Yemen today, killing three people in the Jawf Province in the nation’s northeast. The slain were unidentified, but all labeled “al-Qaeda suspects.”
It’s the second strike in the past few days, with another attack against Wadi Abida overnight Monday killing four people in two vehicles, who were likewise labeled terrorists.
The US also launched four drone strikes last week, killing a number of people and sparking a retaliatory execution by al-Qaeda of a man accused of being a “targeter” for the drones.
The dramatic increase in drone strikes in Yemen comes amid a new UN report on drone attacks, which warned of hundreds of civilian casualties in the US attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Separatists Attack Iran Military Parade in Ahvaz, Killing at Least 29 - September 22nd, 2018
- Israeli Delegation Continues to Try to Explain Downing of Russian Plane in Syria - September 21st, 2018
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018