A US drone has launched another attack against Yemen today, killing three people in the Jawf Province in the nation’s northeast. The slain were unidentified, but all labeled “al-Qaeda suspects.”
It’s the second strike in the past few days, with another attack against Wadi Abida overnight Monday killing four people in two vehicles, who were likewise labeled terrorists.
The US also launched four drone strikes last week, killing a number of people and sparking a retaliatory execution by al-Qaeda of a man accused of being a “targeter” for the drones.
The dramatic increase in drone strikes in Yemen comes amid a new UN report on drone attacks, which warned of hundreds of civilian casualties in the US attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017