In what US officials said was a “penalty” for Russia’s backing of Crimean secession from the Ukraine, the Obama Administration has suspended all military ties with Russia.
Pentagon officials say that all military-to-military engagements, including joint exercises, meetings, and conferences have been placed “on hold” indefinitely.
The move is the first of what Obama Administration officials say will be a series of punitive actions designed to isolate Russia internationally, as well as economically.
The Pentagon downplayed reports of ship movements in the region, saying they have not changed any military planning or operations as a result of the Crimea situation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018