Iran is likely to be a major topic of discussion during Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s upcoming visit to the US, and reports are that President Obama will ask Netanyahu to stop assassinating Iranian scientists.
Indications out of Israel are that Mossad has been transitioning away from assassinations at any rate in recent months, with Netanyahu ordering them instead to focus on digging up dirt that might sabotage US-Iran negotiations.
Officially that’s come in the form of talks of finding evidence Iran is violating the P5+1 deal, though officials have repeatedly affirmed Iran is meeting those obligations, and the Mossad effort seems to be a wild goose chase, hoping for anything they can spin as a pretext to kill the talks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Army Makes Major Gains in Eastern Ghouta - March 23rd, 2018
- Kurdish Rebels Flee Iraq Border Area, Anticipating Turkish Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Trump Signs New Bill Slashing Aid to Palestinians - March 23rd, 2018
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018