Iran is likely to be a major topic of discussion during Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s upcoming visit to the US, and reports are that President Obama will ask Netanyahu to stop assassinating Iranian scientists.
Indications out of Israel are that Mossad has been transitioning away from assassinations at any rate in recent months, with Netanyahu ordering them instead to focus on digging up dirt that might sabotage US-Iran negotiations.
Officially that’s come in the form of talks of finding evidence Iran is violating the P5+1 deal, though officials have repeatedly affirmed Iran is meeting those obligations, and the Mossad effort seems to be a wild goose chase, hoping for anything they can spin as a pretext to kill the talks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017
- Al-Jazeera Slams Saudi Demand to Shut Them Down - June 23rd, 2017
- United Arab Emirates 'Won't Back Down' if Qatar Doesn't Submit to Demands - June 23rd, 2017
- Saudis Issue Broad List of Demands to Qatar - June 23rd, 2017
- Multiple Bombings Kill 47 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017