Secretary of State John Kerry’s stock seems to be dropping more and more in the eyes of Israel’s far-right coalition government lately, but MP Moti Yogev took the anger about the peace process to a new level, overtly accusing Kerry of being driven by “anti-Semitism.”
Yogev, a settler and member of the Jewish Home Party, has angrily rejected peace talks in the past, calling for a full annexation of the West Bank “in stages” so as to preclude Palestinian statehood.
His comments on Kerry came during an interview with Israel Radio. Yogev argued Kerry was unwilling to compromise, saying his continued insistence on establishing a Palestinian state proved he is “not a fair broker and he is not fit to mediate.”
Yogev went on to condemn Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for his maneuverings in continuing the peace process. Jewish Home leader Naftali Bennett has also condemned the idea of a peace deal, saying his party would collapse the coalition if a deal was about to be reached.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018