US and European officials are reporting that US weapons flowing into Syria via Jordan are part of a program secretly approved by the US Congress in a “closed door vote.”
Officially, the US halted aid to the rebels quite some time ago after some shipments of tents to the Free Syrian Army (FSA) were seized by the Islamic Front, along with the warehouses.
That official “aid” program was going through Turkey, and a much bigger arms-based plan is going through Jordan, with funding authorized through the end of the fiscal year.
The White House offered no comment on the arms shipments, but continued with the narrative of the halted Turkish program, saying they hope to resume shipments soon but have “no announcements at this time.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Warn Malistan District on the Verge of Collapse - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Overrun West Afghanistan District, Killing 37 Police and Civilians - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Slaughter Elite Afghan Troops, as 'Safe' District Is Falling - November 12th, 2018
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018