Provincial police confirmed the incident, saying the attacker managed to escape after the killings, taking weapons with him, and that he remains at large.
Though many insider attacks involve infiltration from the Taliban or other militant factions, there has yet to be any statement claiming responsibility for this morning’s incident.
It is the second major insider attack in recent weeks, after a previous incident where a local police officer in Uruzgan stabbed three others to death. That attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017