Provincial police confirmed the incident, saying the attacker managed to escape after the killings, taking weapons with him, and that he remains at large.
Though many insider attacks involve infiltration from the Taliban or other militant factions, there has yet to be any statement claiming responsibility for this morning’s incident.
It is the second major insider attack in recent weeks, after a previous incident where a local police officer in Uruzgan stabbed three others to death. That attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cluster Bomb Attack Against East Syrian Village Kills at Least 30 Civilians - June 28th, 2017
- Russia: Trump and Putin Probably Should Talk During Hamburg Summit - June 28th, 2017
- US Special Forces Deployed to Kurdish City on Turkish Border - June 28th, 2017
- ISIS Looks to Expand Presence in Northern Afghanistan - June 28th, 2017
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017