Provincial police confirmed the incident, saying the attacker managed to escape after the killings, taking weapons with him, and that he remains at large.
Though many insider attacks involve infiltration from the Taliban or other militant factions, there has yet to be any statement claiming responsibility for this morning’s incident.
It is the second major insider attack in recent weeks, after a previous incident where a local police officer in Uruzgan stabbed three others to death. That attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017