Provincial police confirmed the incident, saying the attacker managed to escape after the killings, taking weapons with him, and that he remains at large.
Though many insider attacks involve infiltration from the Taliban or other militant factions, there has yet to be any statement claiming responsibility for this morning’s incident.
It is the second major insider attack in recent weeks, after a previous incident where a local police officer in Uruzgan stabbed three others to death. That attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017