Provincial police confirmed the incident, saying the attacker managed to escape after the killings, taking weapons with him, and that he remains at large.
Though many insider attacks involve infiltration from the Taliban or other militant factions, there has yet to be any statement claiming responsibility for this morning’s incident.
It is the second major insider attack in recent weeks, after a previous incident where a local police officer in Uruzgan stabbed three others to death. That attack was claimed by the Taliban.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018