Obama, Kerry 'Disappointed' as Lobby Pushes Iran Sanctions
An unnamed official in the Obama Administration has termed the White House “uneasy” with the growing criticism they face from US Jewish groups and Israeli lobbying factions, saying they believe the moves are being spearheaded by the Israeli government itself.
A particular sore spot is the intense and continued lobbying for Iran sanctions by Lobby powerhouses like AIPAC, aimed at sabotaging the interim nuclear deal with Iran.
The usual Senate hawks were quick to sign on to the Iran sanctions bill, but it has lost momentum as the Iran deal has gone into effect. The lobbying effort hasn’t stopped however, and has in many ways picked up, hoping to secure the number needed to override a promised Obama veto.
AIPAC shrugged off the concern, saying their “top priority” remains building support for the sanctions, and that they consider Congressional positions on Israel and Iran proof they are doing a “terrific job” lobbying.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017