Netanyahu: Iranians Never Changed
The World Economic Forum in Davos has provided Iran’s reformist President Hassan Rohani a chance to expand on his goals of rapprochement with the West, courting foreign investment and talking up replacing the six-month interim nuclear deal with a permanent settlement.
Rohani insisted that Iran has a “serious will” to see the nuclear talks progress to a final settlement, and will resolve any international doubts about the peaceful nature of its nuclear program. The talks on a final deal begin next months.
A lot of companies around the world are lining up to stake business interests in the new Iran, though the Obama Administration continues to warn American companies against trying to do so.
Iran’s rapprochement isn’t sitting well at all with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who insisted that no matter what Rohani says or does, Iran will never really change.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Executes Hundreds in Tikrit Massacre - July 29th, 2014
- ISIS Video Shows Tikrit Executions, Warns Iraqi Soldiers Face the Same - July 29th, 2014
- US Poised to Finalize Record Hellfire Missile Sale to Iraq - July 29th, 2014
- Congress Warns Obama Not to Push Israel for Ceasefire - July 29th, 2014
- Libyan Islamists Overrun Benghazi Special Forces Base - July 29th, 2014