The Obama Administration has finally released the text of the P5+1 implementation agreement, but only to members of Congress, and say they don’t intend to ever allow the general public to see it.
The implementation agreement covers the specifics of the already released interim agreement, and reportedly also includes a “secret” addendum related to other, unspecified topics.
Earlier this week, the Obama Administration insisted it was the EU that was mandating the text of the implementation deal, but after the EU denied it they are now claiming the IAEA is the one forbidding the public from seeing the text.
The agreement is set to begin next week, and will start the six month “interim” deal period. Negotiations on a permanent agreement are set to begin in February.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Car Bombing Kills at Least 20 in Eastern Syria - November 17th, 2017
- Six Children Among 19 Civilians Killed in Shelling Near Damascus - November 17th, 2017
- Report: Lebanese PM Leaves Saudi Arabia for France - November 17th, 2017
- Erdogan: Syria's Afrin District Must Be Cleansed of Kurdish Forces - November 17th, 2017
- Pentagon: ISIS 'Defeated' But US Will Stay in Syria - November 17th, 2017