The Obama Administration has finally released the text of the P5+1 implementation agreement, but only to members of Congress, and say they don’t intend to ever allow the general public to see it.
The implementation agreement covers the specifics of the already released interim agreement, and reportedly also includes a “secret” addendum related to other, unspecified topics.
Earlier this week, the Obama Administration insisted it was the EU that was mandating the text of the implementation deal, but after the EU denied it they are now claiming the IAEA is the one forbidding the public from seeing the text.
The agreement is set to begin next week, and will start the six month “interim” deal period. Negotiations on a permanent agreement are set to begin in February.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Car Bombs Hit Mosque in Libya's Benghazi, Killing Dozens - January 23rd, 2018
- Turkey Arrests Scores for Opposing Invasion of Syria - January 23rd, 2018
- Turkey Claims to Have Killed 260 Fighters in Syria's Afrin District - January 23rd, 2018
- Pentagon-Funded Afghan Units Involved in Gross Human Rights Abuses - January 23rd, 2018
- US Claims to Kill 150 ISIS Fighters in East Syria Airstrike - January 23rd, 2018