A number of Israeli Arab leaders, including MPs, have expressed strong opposition to proposals, pushed by Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, to “swap” a large number of Arab towns to the Palestinians.
UAL MP Ahmed Tibi insisted Lieberman was alone in pushing the plan and that it wasn’t serious, but recently other reports have suggested the idea is being broached by Israeli officials to the US.
Lieberman pushed the idea again today, insisting he would never support any peace deal that didn’t include “exchanging” a large number of Israeli Arab people to the Palestinians as a basic condition.
With Naftali Bennett angrily condemning peace in general, Lieberman has tried to position himself as the moderate in the Israeli government, embracing the theory of a peace deal so long as it includes his demands.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea's Moon Ratifies Recent North Korea Deals - October 23rd, 2018
- Pence Won't Rule Out Nukes in Space - October 23rd, 2018
- Syrian Observatory: US Has Killed Over 3,000 Civilians in Syria Since 2014 - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton: US Plans Talks With Allies Before Leaving Nuclear Pact - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Rejects Russian Call to Stay in Nuclear Treaty - October 23rd, 2018