Netanyahu: Our Policy Is to Act Forcefully
Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip in a series of attacked dubbed “retaliatory” for the death of an Israeli Defense Ministry employee shot along the border fence.
The strikes don’t appear to have been aimed at anything in particular, but Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said they would be painful, and indeed they were, with one killing a three-year-old girl.
An Israeli military spokesman said the strikes were “accurate” to their targets and that the planes returned safely. They didn’t address that the only confirmed death was a toddler killed in front of her home, in a strike that also wounded her mother and brother.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu likewise didn’t address the casualties directly, insisting only that he attack was in keeping with government policy to respond “forcefully.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Heavy Clashes Among Militias in Libya's Tripoli - December 2nd, 2016
- Senate Passes New Bill Targeting College Students Who Criticize Israel - December 2nd, 2016
- Iran: US Extension of Sanctions Act Violates Nuclear Deal - December 2nd, 2016
- Iraq Struggles With ISIS Oil Fires - December 2nd, 2016
- Iraqi Troops Spray Shi'ite Graffiti in Mosul - December 2nd, 2016