Netanyahu: Our Policy Is to Act Forcefully
Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip in a series of attacked dubbed “retaliatory” for the death of an Israeli Defense Ministry employee shot along the border fence.
The strikes don’t appear to have been aimed at anything in particular, but Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said they would be painful, and indeed they were, with one killing a three-year-old girl.
An Israeli military spokesman said the strikes were “accurate” to their targets and that the planes returned safely. They didn’t address that the only confirmed death was a toddler killed in front of her home, in a strike that also wounded her mother and brother.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu likewise didn’t address the casualties directly, insisting only that he attack was in keeping with government policy to respond “forcefully.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Controls Half of Kobani as Peshmerga Arrive - October 29th, 2014
- US, Israeli Relations Hit a New Low - October 29th, 2014
- ISIS Kills 30 Syrian Troops in Latest Push Against Gas Field - October 29th, 2014
- Hagel Affirms Quarantine for All Returning Troops From Ebola Operation - October 29th, 2014
- Egypt Junta Demolishes Sinai Homes for 'Buffer Zone' - October 29th, 2014