Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip in a series of attacked dubbed “retaliatory” for the death of an Israeli Defense Ministry employee shot along the border fence.
The strikes don’t appear to have been aimed at anything in particular, but Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said they would be painful, and indeed they were, with one killing a three-year-old girl.
An Israeli military spokesman said the strikes were “accurate” to their targets and that the planes returned safely. They didn’t address that the only confirmed death was a toddler killed in front of her home, in a strike that also wounded her mother and brother.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu likewise didn’t address the casualties directly, insisting only that he attack was in keeping with government policy to respond “forcefully.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017