Netanyahu: Our Policy Is to Act Forcefully
Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip in a series of attacked dubbed “retaliatory” for the death of an Israeli Defense Ministry employee shot along the border fence.
The strikes don’t appear to have been aimed at anything in particular, but Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said they would be painful, and indeed they were, with one killing a three-year-old girl.
An Israeli military spokesman said the strikes were “accurate” to their targets and that the planes returned safely. They didn’t address that the only confirmed death was a toddler killed in front of her home, in a strike that also wounded her mother and brother.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu likewise didn’t address the casualties directly, insisting only that he attack was in keeping with government policy to respond “forcefully.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Six Killed, Including General, as Egypt Protesters Clash With Police - November 28th, 2014
- US Plans to Retake Mosul in January; Governor Says It'll Be Easy - November 28th, 2014
- Shi'ite, Sunni Militias Join Forces Against ISIS on Outskirts of Baghdad - November 28th, 2014
- 25 Killed as Taliban Attacks Camp Bastion in Helmand Province - November 28th, 2014
- Bill Aims to Make Israeli MPs Swear Loyalty to 'Jewish State' - November 28th, 2014