It may sound strange given the seemingly endless series of scandals involving Israeli spying on the US, but Israeli officials are reacting to the latest reports of US spying with complete, inconsolable outrage.
“The tracking after prime ministers and defense ministers is not legitimate and not acceptable to us,” insisted Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz, while other Israeli ministers demanded that the US immediately stop all such spying.
“Its quite embarrassing between countries who are allies,” added top ranking Yisrael Beiteinu Minister Uzi Landau, who insisted that it proved the need for the US to immediately release Jonathan Pollard.
Pollard was a US citizen arrested for spying against the US on behalf of Israel and has become something of a cause celebre among Israel’s political elite, which granted Pollard Israeli citizenship a decade after his arrest and have since been demanding his release.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea Quits Liaison Office With South Korea - March 22nd, 2019
- Trump Again Gets Caught Up in Prediction of Syria Victory 'by Tonight' - March 21st, 2019
- Pompeo Threatens to Curb Israel Ties Over Growing Israeli Trade With China - March 21st, 2019
- Bolton Vows Action Against Venezuela's Maduro, Says 'the Window Is Closing' - March 21st, 2019
- Pentagon Sends B-52 Bombers to Europe for Exercises Amid Tensions With Russia - March 21st, 2019