It may sound strange given the seemingly endless series of scandals involving Israeli spying on the US, but Israeli officials are reacting to the latest reports of US spying with complete, inconsolable outrage.
“The tracking after prime ministers and defense ministers is not legitimate and not acceptable to us,” insisted Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz, while other Israeli ministers demanded that the US immediately stop all such spying.
“Its quite embarrassing between countries who are allies,” added top ranking Yisrael Beiteinu Minister Uzi Landau, who insisted that it proved the need for the US to immediately release Jonathan Pollard.
Pollard was a US citizen arrested for spying against the US on behalf of Israel and has become something of a cause celebre among Israel’s political elite, which granted Pollard Israeli citizenship a decade after his arrest and have since been demanding his release.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Says They Killed 45 ISIS Members in Syria Airstrikes - June 24th, 2018
- UN Offers to Manage Yemen Aid Port of Hodeidah - June 24th, 2018
- Pentagon Sends Coffins, Flags to DMZ to Receive War Remains From North Korea - June 24th, 2018
- Iraqi Cleric Sadr Forms Political Alliance With PM Abadi - June 24th, 2018
- Judges Limit Iraq Vote Recount to 'Suspect' Ballots - June 24th, 2018