Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama's Terror Policy Criticized Amid Claims of 'Progress' - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt Attacks ISIS Targets in North Sinai, Killing 35 - July 2nd, 2015
- As Egypt Lashes Out at ISIS, Gaza Could Be in Line of Fire - July 2nd, 2015
- Egypt May 'Invite' Israel to Join Sinai Fight Against ISIS - July 2nd, 2015
- Afghan Troops Raid Doctors Without Borders-Run Hospital - July 2nd, 2015