Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Joint Statement Underscores US-Russia Divide on Ukraine - April 17th, 2014
- Ukraine's Eastern Invasion Stalls, Troops Withdraw From Slovyansk - April 16th, 2014
- NATO Chief: More Troops, More Planes for Eastern Europe - April 16th, 2014
- White House Vows More Russia Sanctions Over Ukraine - April 16th, 2014
- Since US Handover, Afghans Freed 4,159 Detainees From Bagram - April 16th, 2014