Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Aims to Build Smaller New Iraqi 'Vanguard' Force to Fight ISIS - November 27th, 2014
- Taliban Stages Multiple Attacks Across Afghan Capital - November 27th, 2014
- Arguments, Shortages Slow NATO's 'Rapid Reaction' Force in East Europe - November 27th, 2014
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014
- US 'Vigilant' Over Lack of Terror Chatter for Thanksgiving - November 27th, 2014