Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017