Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House: Substantial Increase in Military Aid Offered to Israel - July 1st, 2016
- French President: Brexit Cannot Be Cancelled or Delayed - July 1st, 2016
- Putin Warns Finland Against Joining NATO - July 1st, 2016
- Quartet Report: Israel Must Stop Building Settlements - July 1st, 2016
- Israel Imposes Military Closure on Hebron, Withholds Tax Money From Palestinians - July 1st, 2016