Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ottawa Shooter Sought to Travel to Syria - October 23rd, 2014
- Turkey Kidnapping Plot Adds to Concerns About US Troops There - October 23rd, 2014
- Tensions Rise as Hamas Leader Praises Jerusalem Car Killing - October 23rd, 2014
- Iraqi Defense Ministry: ISIS Using Chlorine Gas in Attacks - October 23rd, 2014
- 150 Iraqi Kurdish Fighters Heading to Kobani - October 23rd, 2014