Latest Strikes Hit House in Chasma Pul
Pakistani protesters continued to take to the street of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwah (KP) Province today as yet another US drone attack hit the nation’s tribal areas.
Today’s attack destroyed a house in Chasma Pul, killing three people and wounding two others. None of the victims were identified, but all of them were labeled “suspected militants,” as is common practice for US attacks.
One local resident said the house was being rented by the men, who were believed to be part of the Punjabi Taliban, a faction which is not generally at war with Pakistan’s government.
US drone strikes have increasingly targeted Taliban fighters who either have or are in the process of establishing peace deals with Pakistan’s government, undermining the deals and fueling anger across Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia Ready to Talk With Trump on Nuclear Arms, Syria - January 17th, 2017
- Sec/Def, Other Top Dems Oppose Manning's Release - January 17th, 2017
- Key NATO Commander Agrees With Trump, NATO Is Obsolete - January 17th, 2017
- Nigerian Warplanes Attack Refugee Camp, Killing Over 100 Civilians - January 17th, 2017
- US Strike Syria's al-Bab After Turkish Criticism - January 17th, 2017