While there was always some skepticism about fresh peace talks with Israel among West Bank Palestinians, the latest Jerusalem Media Centre poll shows that over half of Palestinians now see entering those talks as a “mistake.”
The poll splits to 50.5% believing it was a mistake and 33.8% believing it was the right move, but only about 20% believe that the talks will yield an actual agreement.
The results are perhaps unsurprising, as months of talks have accomplished only one noteworthy thing, and that’s the mass resignation of Palestinian negotiators.
Israeli officials haven’t been very keen on the talks either, continuing it primarily because of its interest to the Obama Administration, while their hawkish coalition members have made it publicly clear they oppose any deal under any circumstances.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Vote on War Powers Act Challenge to Yemen War Looms in Senate - March 19th, 2018
- Locals Report Mass Looting by Occupying Rebels in Syria's Afrin - March 19th, 2018
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018