While there was always some skepticism about fresh peace talks with Israel among West Bank Palestinians, the latest Jerusalem Media Centre poll shows that over half of Palestinians now see entering those talks as a “mistake.”
The poll splits to 50.5% believing it was a mistake and 33.8% believing it was the right move, but only about 20% believe that the talks will yield an actual agreement.
The results are perhaps unsurprising, as months of talks have accomplished only one noteworthy thing, and that’s the mass resignation of Palestinian negotiators.
Israeli officials haven’t been very keen on the talks either, continuing it primarily because of its interest to the Obama Administration, while their hawkish coalition members have made it publicly clear they oppose any deal under any circumstances.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US General: No Major Changes Expected in Afghan Strategy Review - July 19th, 2018
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018
- Syrian Rebel City of Nawa Surrenders After Intense Airstrikes - July 18th, 2018
- Trump: Russia Doesn't Pose a Threat to US - July 18th, 2018
- Russia Urges UN to Mull Easing North Korea Sanctions Amid Diplomatic Progress - July 18th, 2018