Amid an ever-growing diplomatic nightmare regarding NSA surveillance of allied nations, the Obama Administration has reportedly begun warning foreign spies that have been collaborating with the NSA that the leaked documents fueling the scandal could also be used to out them.
The warnings are being delivered secretly in many cases, according to officials, because foreign intelligence agencies collaborating with the NSA have sometimes been doing so without the approval or even the knowledge of their own governments.
That of course only exacerbates the problem of the NSA’s global reach, and as Americans grow ever-more shocked at the behavior of their own government, citizens of other nations might well learn their own spy agencies have been playing ball with the US as well, against their own nation.
One Congressional aide familiar with the situation said that the prospect of such revelations is even more serious for the administration because it could not only cost them some surveillance capabilities, but seriously harm relationships with targeted nations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017