Amid an ever-growing diplomatic nightmare regarding NSA surveillance of allied nations, the Obama Administration has reportedly begun warning foreign spies that have been collaborating with the NSA that the leaked documents fueling the scandal could also be used to out them.
The warnings are being delivered secretly in many cases, according to officials, because foreign intelligence agencies collaborating with the NSA have sometimes been doing so without the approval or even the knowledge of their own governments.
That of course only exacerbates the problem of the NSA’s global reach, and as Americans grow ever-more shocked at the behavior of their own government, citizens of other nations might well learn their own spy agencies have been playing ball with the US as well, against their own nation.
One Congressional aide familiar with the situation said that the prospect of such revelations is even more serious for the administration because it could not only cost them some surveillance capabilities, but seriously harm relationships with targeted nations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018