House Armed Services Committee chief Rep. Buck McKeon (R – CA) is demanding specific details from the chiefs of the various US military branches in upcoming testimony, warning that he was no longer willing to accept “generalities and percentages.”
“I expect to hear – in very clear terms – what elements of that security you will no longer be in a position to provide,” McKeon said, noting that two solid years of testimony on sequestration hadn’t answered any of those questions.
All the testimony about budget cuts has centered on predicting imminent, but extremely non-specific calamity for the various military branches, and have been reluctant to offer anything in the way of details about what they are planning.
Rep. Adam Smith (D – WA) criticized McKeon for his comments, saying Congress was partly to blame for the military’s inability to plan for sequestration by allowing sequestration to actually happen.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017
- NATO Chief Declares Alliance 'Fully Committed' to US War in Afghan - August 22nd, 2017
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017
- No End in Sight for US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017