Israel’s chief negotiator Attorney General Tzipi Livni says that her nation is preparing to make “dramatic decisions” that will allow the current peace talks to end with a final peace settlement with the Palestinians.
The details of the peace talks so far have been kept far away from the public, reportedly the result of Secretary of State John Kerry demanding that both Israel and the Palestinian Authority keep the contents of their discussions out of the media.
Indeed, the latest round of talks were so secret that we didn’t even know about them until after the fact, when a top Palestinian official confirmed that the talks had happened earlier in the day.
Livni confirmed that the conversations so far had included argument, but that “we are arguing inside the room,” and would not discuss the differences in public. Officials say more talks are planned, but again didn’t indicate when.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018