Car Bomb Tore Through Crowded Intersection
Another car bomb attack has torn through the mostly Christian Damascus suburb of Jaramana today, killing at least 18 people, including three children, and wounding scores of others.
The car bomb detonated in a crowded intersection of the suburb, setting a four-story building on fire and also destroying a nearby passenger bus. So far no specific rebel faction has claimed responsibility.
It’s a fair bet that it’s one of the Islamist-motivated factions, however, as they have shown particular interest in attacking Syria’s religious minorities, accusing them of being “pro-Assad” while simultaneously carrying out a campaign of violence that virtually guarantees that they would prefer Assad to the rebellion.
It was the larger of two blasts in the area around the Syrian capital today, as another bomb tore through the Yarmouk Refugee Camp just prior. So far the toll in that bombing remains unclear, and the camp remains contested.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Brags: US Troops Killing More ISIS Leaders Than Ever - October 25th, 2016
- Report: ISIS Executed Scores of Civilians as Troops Approached Mosul - October 25th, 2016
- Amnesty International: US Coalition Has Killed at Least 300 Civilians in Syria - October 25th, 2016
- Trump: Clinton's Syria Plans Would Lead to World War Three - October 25th, 2016
- Kurdish Forces Expelling Arab Families From Kirkuk After ISIS Attack - October 25th, 2016