Speaking to CNN today, Secretary of State John Kerry demanded Russia and other nations support “the rule of law” and capture Edward Snowden for him, saying that it was vital to national security to see him jailed.
“What we have hear is a situation that has nothing to do with hacking. Nothing to do with illegality,” insisted Kerry, an odd admission if his continues to hope to plea for the “rule of law” in regards to Snowden’s capture.
Rather, Kerry insists that Snowden had “threatened his country” and that “people may die” because he informed the public about mass surveillance by the NSA because “terrorists may now know how to protect themselves in some way or another.”
Kerry naturally had no specifics, in keeping with the similarly false claims that Pfc. Bradley Manning had “blood on his hands” for revealing US war crimes. The claims are farfetched, but serve as talking points in the absence of real substance.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018