NATO: We Have No Reports to Support Allegations
The governor of Afghanistan’s Kunar Province has reported a US drone strike against the Manogi District has killed at least three civilians, all children, and wounding seven others.
A survivor of the explosion says that the drone hit their house, knocking him unconscious. He reported seven members of his family were hospitalized, and denied that they had done anything wrong.
NATO was quick to deny the report, saying that they took allegations “very seriously,” but that their own reports on operations in the area didn’t confirm any such incidents in the province.
Civilian deaths in NATO air strikes have been a huge problem throughout the war, with the US often promising an “investigation” that never seems to actually conclude into exactly what happened.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Thousands of Shi'ite Rebels Enter Yemeni Capital - August 20th, 2014
- 43 Civilians Killed in Shelling as Ukraine Seizes Much of Luhansk - August 20th, 2014
- IAEA: Iran Complying With Terms of Extended Nuclear Deal - August 20th, 2014
- Israeli Warplanes Pound Gaza: 22 Killed, Including Four Children - August 20th, 2014
- Israel Returns to Cairo Talks as Netanyahu Vows More Airstrikes - August 20th, 2014