Termed Victims 'Collateral Damage'
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, facing charges of killing three people and wounding 260 in a bombing attack against the Boston Marathon this year, reportedly penned a note after the attack citing the US occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan as fueling his attack.
“When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims,” the note reportedly read. It is said to have also termed the victims of the attack “collateral damage,” reflecting the similar US term for civilians it killed or wounded in the wars.
The note was said to have been written on the interior wall while he was hiding in a boat, and was found riddled with bullets after the attack that led to his capture. The motive cited is the same as that of several other attackers in recent years.
Tsarnaev’s note went on to express a belief that his older brother Tamerlan, who was killed earlier that day during attacks, had died a “martyr,” and that he expected to join him soon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Libya Rebels Deny Reports Oil Tanker Was Captured by Navy - March 10th, 2014
- Russia to Offer Ukraine 'Counterproposals' - March 10th, 2014
- Ukraine MP: Nation Needs New Nuclear Weapons Arsenal - March 10th, 2014
- Cameron Willing to Damage London Economy to 'Punish Putin' - March 10th, 2014
- Netanyahu Blasts West for Not Being Convinced by 'Gaza Ship' - March 10th, 2014