In comment earlier today Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has dramatically escalated accusations against Syria today, claiming that his government had determined Syrian troops have used “at least 200” chemical weapons over the course of the ongoing civil war.
Erdogan insisted Turkey has “proof” of the allegations and has “the remainders of these missiles” as well as pictures of them. He also claimed Turkish hospitals had treated victims of such attacks.
The claims are a huge step up from Israel’s claims of a couple weeks ago, which alleged “up to eight” incidents of chemical weapons use, or the subsequent US version, which claimed only two.
Secretary of State John Kerry seems to be on board for these claims as well though, outlandish though they may be, announcing on Google+ shortly after Erdogan’s announcement that there is “strong evidence” of Assad using chemical weapons.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017