Insists All Chechen-Americans Are a Potential Threat
Rep. Peter King (R – NY) doesn’t need an excuse to call for massive increases in spying on Muslims; he does that all the time anyhow. Yet the Boston bombing certain provides a pretext to get those arguments rehashed all over again.
King, who spent last year holding Congressional hearings on the “real threat” posed by America’s Muslim minority, demanded “increased surveillance” on all Muslims nationwide, with particular interest in Chechen-Americans, who he termed a “new front” in the global war on terror.
Of course there are almost no Chechen-Americans in the first place, and indeed not that many Chechens on the whole planet, but Rep. King seems keen to move against the few hundred there actually are in any ways he can.
King insisted that not moving toward more overt persecution of American Muslims would be a sign of political correctness gone mad, saying that the government needed to fully explore the radicalization of Chechens in particular.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Suddenly Khorasan: New US Enemy Came Out of Nowhere - September 23rd, 2014
- Pentagon: ISIS Will Rebound from US Airstrikes - September 23rd, 2014
- US Informed Iran Ahead of ISIS Strikes in Syria - September 23rd, 2014
- US Attacks Spark Refugee Flight From Raqqa - September 23rd, 2014
- President: Yemen in Danger of Civil War After Houthi Takeover - September 23rd, 2014