Insists All Chechen-Americans Are a Potential Threat
Rep. Peter King (R – NY) doesn’t need an excuse to call for massive increases in spying on Muslims; he does that all the time anyhow. Yet the Boston bombing certain provides a pretext to get those arguments rehashed all over again.
King, who spent last year holding Congressional hearings on the “real threat” posed by America’s Muslim minority, demanded “increased surveillance” on all Muslims nationwide, with particular interest in Chechen-Americans, who he termed a “new front” in the global war on terror.
Of course there are almost no Chechen-Americans in the first place, and indeed not that many Chechens on the whole planet, but Rep. King seems keen to move against the few hundred there actually are in any ways he can.
King insisted that not moving toward more overt persecution of American Muslims would be a sign of political correctness gone mad, saying that the government needed to fully explore the radicalization of Chechens in particular.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Bombs Yemen Army Recruiter, Killing At Least 71 - August 29th, 2016
- Saudi Officials: Rocket Fire From Yemen Killed Two Children in Najran - August 28th, 2016
- Syrian Airstrikes Kill 24 Mourners at Aleppo Funeral - August 28th, 2016
- Taliban Seizes Key Eastern Afghanistan District - August 28th, 2016
- Pentagon: Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds 'Unacceptable' - August 28th, 2016