With tensions still high between the US and North Korea, and experts seeing that continuing in the near term, hawks seem to be hoping to strike while the iron is hot, with Sen. James Inhofe (R – OK) declaring that the US needs to have the plan to attack North Korea prepared “right now.”
Speaking on Newsmax TV today, Inhofe said that the US has the capability to attack North Korea at any time, and that Kim is “just as bad as his daddy was,” so he reckons the attack needs to happen now.
Speaking about the US warships in the area, Inhofe insisted that “a pre-emptive strike from something like that would get their attention.” Since North Korea has been complaining about the increased US military deployments along their coast and border, it is hard to imagine that the US doesn’t have their “attention.”
“We’re going to do what’s necessary,” Inhofe predicted, following similar calls for a unilateral US attack from Rep. Peter King (R – NY), who insisted yesterday that the US has a “moral obligation” to attack North Korea.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel to Approve Thousands of Unauthorized West Bank Settler Homes - December 13th, 2018
- Yemen Talks End With Ceasefire Agreed for Hodeidah - December 13th, 2018
- Senate Unanimously Condemns Saudi Crown Prince for Murdering Journalist - December 13th, 2018
- Senate Votes to End Support for Saudi War in Yemen - December 13th, 2018
- Pentagon: Turkish Invasion of NE Syria Is Unacceptable - December 12th, 2018