Says Attack 'Would Get Their Attention'
With tensions still high between the US and North Korea, and experts seeing that continuing in the near term, hawks seem to be hoping to strike while the iron is hot, with Sen. James Inhofe (R – OK) declaring that the US needs to have the plan to attack North Korea prepared “right now.”
Speaking on Newsmax TV today, Inhofe said that the US has the capability to attack North Korea at any time, and that Kim is “just as bad as his daddy was,” so he reckons the attack needs to happen now.
Speaking about the US warships in the area, Inhofe insisted that “a pre-emptive strike from something like that would get their attention.” Since North Korea has been complaining about the increased US military deployments along their coast and border, it is hard to imagine that the US doesn’t have their “attention.”
“We’re going to do what’s necessary,” Inhofe predicted, following similar calls for a unilateral US attack from Rep. Peter King (R – NY), who insisted yesterday that the US has a “moral obligation” to attack North Korea.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- As Rebels Press Offensive, Ukraine President Vows to Return Calm - January 25th, 2015
- US, India Reach Understanding on Nuclear, Defense Ties - January 25th, 2015
- This Week, US Will Send 1,000 More Ground Troops to Iraq - January 25th, 2015
- Iranian Parliament Vows Retaliation if US Imposes New Sanctions - January 25th, 2015
- Yemen's Houthi Rebels: More Moderate Than US Presents Them - January 25th, 2015