With Syria engaged in an ugly and ever-worsening civil war, the border with Israel and the huge Israeli-built fence several miles into internationally recognized Syrian territory, remains calm.
But just because nothing is happening doesn’t mean the military can’t scaremonger, with Israeli military officials saying that the calm is “deceptive” and that terror attacks from Syrian rebels or regime are “only a matter of time.”
The terror attacks, which again one must be reminded aren’t actually happening, are being preemptively blamed on Syrian President Bashar Assad, and his criticism of recent Israeli air strikes against his country.
The logic is that Assad’s criticism, and his accusation that Israel is backing the rebels with such attacks, is fueling “anti-Israel aggression” that will lead to attacks at some non-specified point in the future by some non-specified combatant force.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Spanish National Police Aim to Seize Control of Catalonia - September 23rd, 2017
- Europe Steps Up to Try to Undermine Catalonia Independence Vote - September 23rd, 2017
- Civilians Leave ISIS-Area in Eastern Syria After Evacuation Deal - September 22nd, 2017
- Catalonia Closes Ranks as Outrage over Crackdown Grows - September 22nd, 2017
- Spanish Prosecutors Formally Accuse Catalan Separatists of Sedition - September 22nd, 2017