Acting Israeli DM Cheers Reports: Says Any Iran Explosion Is 'Good News'
The stories say that the bombing happened Monday morning, and incredibly hasn’t been even touched on by any more reputable outlets, let alone the Iranian press, nearly a week later. 240 workers are said to be trapped, and Iran reportedly closed several roads, including the bridge between Qom and Tehran. None of these reports are confirmed either.
Despite the purely speculative nature of the reports, former Shin Bet chief Avi Dichter, who is Acting Israeli Defense Minister while Ehud Barak is overseas, cheered the reports, saying any explosions inside Iran would be “good news.”
Though US and Israeli saboteurs have repeatedly targeted the nation’s civilian nuclear program, this would be by far the single largest attack, and it is hard to imagine that such an incident, particularly timed ahead of planned P5+1 talks with Iran, would be kept secret for so long.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudis to Behead Over 50, Including Top Shi'ite Cleric, as 'Terrorists' - November 26th, 2015
- Russia Threatens Economic Retaliation Over Turkey Attack - November 26th, 2015
- Cameron Challenged on Claim of 70,000 Moderate Syrian Fighters - November 26th, 2015
- Russia Says 'Wiped Out' Terror Groups Near Downed Plane - November 26th, 2015
- Powers Open to 'Grand Coalition' Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015