Officials Say Investigation Underway Into Attacker
According to NATO reports, a man in an Afghan army uniform has shot and killed a NATO soldier today. Details are scant but the incident took place in southern Afghanistan.
The attacker has yet to be publicly identified, but he was reportedly killed in the exchange of fire. Officials say he is under investigation to see if he had insurgent ties or if he was simply another disgruntled soldier.
Insider attacks, also called “green-on-blue” attacks, rose dramatically in 2012, and with this one happening so soon in the new year, there is every reason to believe the trend will continue in 2013.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Fears Growing Iran Influence in Iraq - March 2nd, 2015
- Tensions Rise, Despite Netanyahu's Claim of 'No Disrespect' to Obama - March 2nd, 2015
- State Dept Warns Netanyahu Against Leaking Iran Talk Details - March 2nd, 2015
- US Intel Chief: 40 Americans Have Returned From Syria - March 2nd, 2015
- Obama Throws Cold Water on Chances of Iran Deal - March 2nd, 2015