Insists Netanyahu 'Squandered' Chances for Peace With Palestinians
With Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu already coming under attack from several angles in the final weeks of campaign season, former Shin Bet Chief Yuval Diskin, an oft-vocal critic of Netanyahu’s has stepped up to blast him on his foreign policy.
Diskin slammed Netanyahu in an interview, saying that he had become “unreliable” and was too obsessed with starting a war with Iran. He insisted Netanyahu had squandered several chances for peace with the Palestinians because he was over-focused on starting a war.
“There is a crisis of leadership here, a crisis of values and total contempt for the public,” Diskin said, adding that “people will think I’m exaggerating, but I’m telling you: from up close it looks even worse.”
Diskin was one of several former security officials who spoke out against the calls for war earlier in 2012, an effort which at the time had Likud officials discussing a new law to muzzle former security officials from speaking against upcoming wars the current government seeks to start.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- 'Nothing New:' Obama Shrugs Off Netanyahu's Speech - March 3rd, 2015
- US Officials Dismiss Netanyahu's 'Impossible' Iran Deal - March 3rd, 2015
- ISIS Snipers Slow Iraqi Offensive Against Tikrit - March 3rd, 2015
- ISIS: American Suicide Attacker Struck Iraqi Forces Near Samarra - March 3rd, 2015
- Between Casualties and Desertion, Afghan Military Shrinking Fast - March 3rd, 2015