Insists Netanyahu 'Squandered' Chances for Peace With Palestinians
With Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu already coming under attack from several angles in the final weeks of campaign season, former Shin Bet Chief Yuval Diskin, an oft-vocal critic of Netanyahu’s has stepped up to blast him on his foreign policy.
Diskin slammed Netanyahu in an interview, saying that he had become “unreliable” and was too obsessed with starting a war with Iran. He insisted Netanyahu had squandered several chances for peace with the Palestinians because he was over-focused on starting a war.
“There is a crisis of leadership here, a crisis of values and total contempt for the public,” Diskin said, adding that “people will think I’m exaggerating, but I’m telling you: from up close it looks even worse.”
Diskin was one of several former security officials who spoke out against the calls for war earlier in 2012, an effort which at the time had Likud officials discussing a new law to muzzle former security officials from speaking against upcoming wars the current government seeks to start.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Powers Open to 'Grand Coalition' Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015
- Russia, France Agree to Increased Cooperation Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015
- Turkey Masses Tanks on Syria Border Amid Rising Russia Tensions - November 26th, 2015
- Final IAEA Report Unlikely to Resolve Questions on Iran - November 26th, 2015
- Erdogan: Russian Plane Downed Defending 'Our Brothers in Syria' - November 25th, 2015