200 Attackers Stormed Peshawar Camps, Killed Two
An estimated 200 tribal attackers have stormed a pair of bases belonging to Pakistan’s Frontier Corps on the outskirts of Peshawar, killing two of the soldiers and kidnapping another 22.
Exactly which faction carried out the attack was unclear, but one of the Pakistani Taliban blocs claimed credit, insisting they had actually captured more than 30 people in the raid.
The attackers came through checkpoints near the Afghan border, sacking three on their way to the bases. They also reportedly looted weapons and vehicles from the Frontier Corps during the offensive and set two of the checkpoints on fire.
The FC camps were meant to house displaced civilians from the various offensives, but have since been turned into training grounds for the various militias the FC are training to help fight the Taliban factions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Plan: Iran Could Keep Centrifuges But Not Use Them - September 19th, 2014
- Kerry: Iran Can Help Defeat ISIS - September 19th, 2014
- Ukraine Govt, Rebels Agree to Create Buffer Zone in East - September 19th, 2014
- House Bans War Powers Resolution Actions Until After Election - September 19th, 2014
- Top Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Warns of Western Interference - September 19th, 2014