200 Attackers Stormed Peshawar Camps, Killed Two
An estimated 200 tribal attackers have stormed a pair of bases belonging to Pakistan’s Frontier Corps on the outskirts of Peshawar, killing two of the soldiers and kidnapping another 22.
Exactly which faction carried out the attack was unclear, but one of the Pakistani Taliban blocs claimed credit, insisting they had actually captured more than 30 people in the raid.
The attackers came through checkpoints near the Afghan border, sacking three on their way to the bases. They also reportedly looted weapons and vehicles from the Frontier Corps during the offensive and set two of the checkpoints on fire.
The FC camps were meant to house displaced civilians from the various offensives, but have since been turned into training grounds for the various militias the FC are training to help fight the Taliban factions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Detains Sunni Women to Intimidate Families Into Opposing ISIS - July 22nd, 2014
- No Place Is Safe as Israel Pounds Civilian Areas in Gaza - July 22nd, 2014
- Israeli Envoy: Our Military Deserves Nobel Peace Prize for Not Killing More Gazans - July 22nd, 2014
- Israeli Attacks on Gaza Continue: 693 Palestinians, 34 Israelis Dead - July 22nd, 2014
- Iraqi Govt Barrel Bombs Kill 19 Civilians in Fallujah - July 22nd, 2014