200 Attackers Stormed Peshawar Camps, Killed Two
An estimated 200 tribal attackers have stormed a pair of bases belonging to Pakistan’s Frontier Corps on the outskirts of Peshawar, killing two of the soldiers and kidnapping another 22.
Exactly which faction carried out the attack was unclear, but one of the Pakistani Taliban blocs claimed credit, insisting they had actually captured more than 30 people in the raid.
The attackers came through checkpoints near the Afghan border, sacking three on their way to the bases. They also reportedly looted weapons and vehicles from the Frontier Corps during the offensive and set two of the checkpoints on fire.
The FC camps were meant to house displaced civilians from the various offensives, but have since been turned into training grounds for the various militias the FC are training to help fight the Taliban factions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- FM: Russia Won't Accept US Terms to End Sanctions - October 20th, 2014
- Egypt Denies Plans to Join US War Against ISIS - October 20th, 2014
- Kobani Kurds Thank US for Arms, Insist They're Not Enough - October 20th, 2014
- Riots in East Jerusalem Neighborhood After Settlers Move In - October 20th, 2014
- Turkey to Allow Peshmerga Fighters to Cross Into Kobani - October 20th, 2014