200 Attackers Stormed Peshawar Camps, Killed Two
An estimated 200 tribal attackers have stormed a pair of bases belonging to Pakistan’s Frontier Corps on the outskirts of Peshawar, killing two of the soldiers and kidnapping another 22.
Exactly which faction carried out the attack was unclear, but one of the Pakistani Taliban blocs claimed credit, insisting they had actually captured more than 30 people in the raid.
The attackers came through checkpoints near the Afghan border, sacking three on their way to the bases. They also reportedly looted weapons and vehicles from the Frontier Corps during the offensive and set two of the checkpoints on fire.
The FC camps were meant to house displaced civilians from the various offensives, but have since been turned into training grounds for the various militias the FC are training to help fight the Taliban factions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Results of US MOAB Strike in Afghanistan Remain Unknown - April 23rd, 2017
- Taliban Attack on North Afghanistan Army Base Kills At Least 163 - April 23rd, 2017
- Mattis: US to Increase Support for Saudis in Yemen - April 23rd, 2017
- Israel Attacks Syrian Army Base, Killing Three - April 23rd, 2017
- Al-Qaeda Leader: Syrian Jihadists Should Wage 'Patient' Guerilla War - April 23rd, 2017