Commander Praises Troops for Killing
Major protests broke out in the West Bank city of Hebron today after Israeli troops killed a Palestinian boy who the Israeli police say “attacked” them with what turned out to be a toy gun.
The official story from Israeli officials initially referred to the slain boy as a “Palestinian man,” and claimed he “attacked” the troops with a gun before being slain in self-defense.
Later, it became apparent that the slain man was actually a teen and that the “gun” was actually just a toy. Anger grew when it was revealed that Israeli soldiers refused to let the ambulance take the boy for treatment and he died of his wounds.
The soldier who killed the boy defended the move, insisting it was her “mission” to do so and insisting only that she’s no hero, and just a well-trained soldier. Her commander praised her “professionalism” in killing the child.
The Israeli military reacted harshly to the Hebron protests as well, firing tear gas against demonstrators and forcing them off the streets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama Signs Law Barring Iran's UN Envoy From Post - April 18th, 2014
- DM Confirms: US Ground Troops Deploying to Poland - April 18th, 2014
- Japan Sends Troops to Island, Risking China Tensions - April 18th, 2014
- Sen Reid: Backers of Rancher Are 'Domestic Terrorists' - April 18th, 2014
- Syrian Rebel Car Bomb Kills 14 Outside Homs Alawite Mosque - April 18th, 2014