Commander Praises Troops for Killing
Major protests broke out in the West Bank city of Hebron today after Israeli troops killed a Palestinian boy who the Israeli police say “attacked” them with what turned out to be a toy gun.
The official story from Israeli officials initially referred to the slain boy as a “Palestinian man,” and claimed he “attacked” the troops with a gun before being slain in self-defense.
Later, it became apparent that the slain man was actually a teen and that the “gun” was actually just a toy. Anger grew when it was revealed that Israeli soldiers refused to let the ambulance take the boy for treatment and he died of his wounds.
The soldier who killed the boy defended the move, insisting it was her “mission” to do so and insisting only that she’s no hero, and just a well-trained soldier. Her commander praised her “professionalism” in killing the child.
The Israeli military reacted harshly to the Hebron protests as well, firing tear gas against demonstrators and forcing them off the streets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kerry Makes Clear AUMF Language Won't Stop Ground War - February 24th, 2015
- White House Denies Reports of Breakthrough in Iran Talks - February 24th, 2015
- US Weapons Pour Into Iraq Ahead of Mosul Invasion - February 24th, 2015
- Despite Photos, Witnesses, Ukraine Denies Rebels Withdraw Weapons - February 24th, 2015
- Britain to Send Troops to Ukraine as 'Military Advisers' - February 24th, 2015