Warns Lack of Security Could Mean 'More Benghazis'
Having noticed that there was way too little security on the ground to defend the US Consulate in post-regime change Benghazi, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R – SC) is talking up a dramatic increase in “footprint” for military operations worldwide.
“There are gonna be more Benghazis,” Graham warned, insisting that more troops were needed any place where an attack was conceivably possible.
Absent in the discussion is that Benghazi’s current security nightmare is a direct result of the NATO-imposed regime change in Libya and choosing winners among the various rebel factions in post-revolution Libya.
Which is why the US Consulate in Benghazi is under more pressure than, say, the US Consulate in Winnipeg. The extent to which there are “gonna be more Benghazis” in US policy is exactly the extent to which consulates in these places are going to be imperiled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Ukraine DM Threatens to Restart Nuclear Weapons Program - September 16th, 2014
- FSA Rebels Urge Israel to Impose No-Fly Zone Over Syria - September 16th, 2014
- Afghan Soldier Kills US Soldier in Herat 'Green-on-Blue Attack' - September 16th, 2014
- Ukraine Grants ‘Special Status’ for East to End War - September 16th, 2014
- Free Syrian Army Won't Join US Anti-ISIS Coalition - September 16th, 2014